Tight budgets require state, local, and special-purpose governments to find innovative ways to reduce costs while maintaining the service levels constituents expect. This means reducing risk, gaining efficiency, and taking advantage of unique opportunities as they develop.
And while this is a tall order, you can find the help you need from an advisory firm that specializes in governments like yours—one that has both the technical expertise and the cross-industry experience necessary to get the job done.
At Moss Adams, our Government Practice is composed of government auditors and tax specialists, and we routinely bring in practitioners from around the firm who specialize in areas such as construction, employee benefit plan services, health care, real estate, telecommunications, and utilities.
All of this gives us the deep resources necessary to not only address governmental accounting and tax-exempt bond issues but also provide the holistic services governments need to thrive.
Who We Serve
For decades, we've been serving a host of governmental clients, including:
- State agencies and departments
- Public employee retirement systems
- Special-purpose governments, including ports, transit agencies, and other enterprise funds
- Charter schools
Our professionals are active in standard-setting entities and other influential organizations, such as:
- Government Finance Officers Association
- Several partners and senior managers are members of the Special Review Committee for the GFOA's Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting